Moreno Valley FMLA & CFRA Lawyer
At the Law Office of Karen J. Sloat, APC, our Moreno Valley FMLA & CFRA lawyers have extensive experience advising employers and employees on family and medical leave act cases. We can assist you with a case arising under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the California Family Rights Act (CFRA). If you have questions about your rights, professional guidance is available. Call us now for a confidential consultation with a top California employment lawyer.
An Overview of Family and Medical Leave Laws in California
Under federal and state laws, some employees in Moreno Valley may be eligible to take job-protected leave to deal with a qualifying family emergency or medical emergency. Here is an overview of the two key family and medical leave laws:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): The FMLA is a federal law that grants covered employees the right to take a maximum of three months of job-protected leave to deal with a qualifying family or medical emergency. FMLA leave is unpaid. The federal law applies to employers with 50 or more total workers within 75 miles. If you have any questions about the law, Call our Moreno Valley FMLA lawyers for help.
- California Family Rights Act (CFRA): California’s state level family and medical leave protections are more comprehensive in their coverage than their federal counterparts. The CFRA applies to employers in the state with 5 or more total employees. There are some other differences between the laws as well. If you have any questions, call our Moreno Valley CFRA attorneys for immediate assistance.
Both the FMLA and the CFRA allow qualified workers the ability to take job-protected leave. In effect, this means that an employer in Moreno Valley cannot take an adverse action—demotion, suspension, termination, etc.—simply because that worker exercised their legal guaranteed right to take family or medical leave.
You Can Count On Our California FMLA & CFRA Attorneys
Family and medical leave act cases can be complicated. At the Law Office of Karen J. Sloat, APC, we are here to help employers and employees navigate the law. More specifically, our Moreno Valley employment lawyers are prepared to:
- Listen to your story and explain your rights/responsibilities;
- Gather all of the documents, records, and evidence you need to proceed; and
- Take your case as far as needed to protect you and help you secure the best outcome.
We are firmly committed to providing our clients with personalized, attentive legal representation across a full range of employment law matters. With a documented history of testimonials from previous clients, you can trust our Moreno Valley FMLA/CFRA lawyers for superior representation.
Get Help From a Moreno Valley Family and Medical Leave Act Lawyer
At the Law Office of Karen J. Sloat, APC, our Moreno Valley FMLA & CFRA attorneys are experienced, solutions-driven advocates. We represent employers and employees in the full spectrum of family and medical leave act cases. Call us now or connect with our team online to arrange a strictly confidential consultation. We handle family and medical leave act cases in Moreno Valley and throughout Southern California.