COVID-19 Prevention Program
Beginning December 2020, the Department of Industrial Relations – Cal/OSHA unanimously adopted emergency standards related to COVID-19, imposing significant requirements on California employers with more than one (1) employee. Most notably, the new rule requires that all California employers must pay their employees who are excluded from work because they were exposed to COVID-19. Cal/OSHA is citing and fining businesses.
The emergency standards require employers to take immediate action on many COVID-19 issues.
Under the new regulations, employers MUST address, establish, implement, and maintain an effective written COVID-19 Prevention Program.
The required elements outlined by the Emergency Standard include:
- System for communicating with employees about COVID-19;
- Identification and evaluation of COVID-19 hazards;
- Investigating and responding to COVID-19 cases in the workplace;
- Correction of COVID-19 hazards;
- Training and instruction;
- Physical Distancing;
- Face Coverings;
- Other engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment;
- Reporting, recordkeeping, and access;
- Exclusion of persons with COVID-19; and
- Return to work criteria.
We advise employers to develop and implement a written COVID-19-specific addendum into their Injury Illness Prevention Plans, or IIPP, which the emergency standard will now require.
What Employers Should Do Now:
- Employers without a current written COVID-19 plan that complies with all of the new Cal/OSHA criteria must develop a compliant Prevention Plan and implement effective new procedures immediately to satisfy the requisite elements.
- Employers with existing COVID-19 plans must thoroughly assess such plans immediately to determine the steps needed to cure deficiencies and add these requirements.
- Additionally, all employers should continue to follow this rapidly developing COVID-19 information from Cal/OSHA.
Our office offers a customized COVID-19 Prevention Program for $600.00. This Plan includes a Written COVID-19 Prevention Program, a supplemental summary of your COVID-19 Prevention Program, a supplemental IIPP COVID-19 binder where all COVID-related documents are to be stored, and virtual employee training that is mandatory by the State.
Please fill out the information below so that our office can run a conflict of interest check. Once we are certain our firm has no conflicts, we will give you a call within one to two business days to take your Credit Card payment.
Fields marked with an * are required.